Why You Want to Work at Broadway Veterinary Hospital
Broadway Veterinary Hospital is downtown Durham’s first animal hospital! Located within the Central Park district of downtown Durham. We are a 2 doctor AHHA certified full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to the surrounding Durham community. We are proud to have Fear Free certified professionals on our team and are dedicated to caring for our clients’ pet’s emotional well-being as well as his or her physical well-being.
Our mission at Broadway Veterinary Hospital (BVH) is to provide excellent veterinary care, excel at customer service and to create a work environment in which every team member contributes and is respected. We are consistently nominated for Best Veterinarian in Durham in the Indy Week’s Best of the Triangle. In short, BVH is an animal hospital with a dedicated veterinarian and staff committed to creating a positive experience for our clients and their pets!
Our employees enjoy working here because we recognize the importance of the relationships between humans and animals and we see our clients and patients as extended family.
What is there to love about Durham, NC?
When you’re not enjoying the sports, entertainment, dining and the arts – wherever your tastes lead, Durham has it. World-class facilities like the Durham Performing Arts Center, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park and Duke University’s Nasher Museum of Art blend with nearly 100 City-owned parks and recreation facilities to make Durham a place where residents Play More! Durham is also recognized as one of the decorated dining destinations in the state with award-winning restaurants and chefs that make an evening out something special.
We Take Good Care of Our People
Broadway Veterinary Hospital is the ONLY Veterinary Hospital that is a Durham Living Wage Certified Employer. In addition to competitive pay, some of our benefits (depending on the position) include:
- Medical Insurance
- Continuing Education–get smarter on our dime!
- Paid Time Off
- Participate in the 401(k) hospital plan
- Membership Dues and Licenses
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Uniform Allowance
- Veterinary Services at a Reduced Rate – so we can help out your pets, too!
- Fear-Free Certification
Positions We Are Looking to Fill
Part-Time Associate Veterinarian
Currently seeking a Part-Time Associate Veterinarian for our Small Animal Veterinary Hospital located in Durham, North Carolina.
Do you love making a difference in the quality of life for pets and working in a city known as “The City of Medicine” or the “Bull City”? Combine the two by becoming our next Part-Time Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Veterinary Hospital.
Our perfect candidate is a compassionate and understanding veterinarian who has empathy for pets and their people, as well as fellow team members. We are a tight-knit group of pet professionals that strives to give each and every one of our clients a pleasant experience from start to finish–do you feel the same way about the work that you provide?
Do you enjoy educating both the clients and your team members? Are you a stellar communicator that works hard to advocate for the importance of preventative care and goes above and beyond to meet your patients’ needs? If you are nodding “yes!” to all of these key points, we want to hear from you–like yesterday!
Additional Details of the Position
- Work closely with our clients and their pets
- Provide patients with a high level of patient care while thoroughly working up cases
- Excellent surgical techniques and dental skills
- Capable of leading a team of technicians
- Have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work seamlessly as a team, as well as independently
- Possess strong people skills, with a specialized focus on the quality of care that provides client satisfaction to the highest degree
- Clear and effective communication, with both clients and fellow team members
- A commitment to superior client services in all aspects of your job
- Be respectful and courteous to all team members
- Acute attention to detail in all procedures and treatments
- License and be eligible to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of North Carolina
- 2 years’ experience working in a veterinary practice preferred.
- Excellent computer software skills and proficient in electronic medical records
- Able to work evenings and weekends
Full-Time Receptionist/Office Manager
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Receptionist/Office Manager for our Small Animal Veterinary Hospital located in Durham, North Carolina.
The ideal Receptionist/Office Manager at Broadway Veterinary Hospital will supervise, direct, plan, and coordinate a variety of service functions that are principally work-supporting to the Broadway Veterinary Hospital team. As the Receptionist/Office Manager, a day may include greeting our clients in person or over the phone, maintaining medical records for our patients, maintaining accounts, handling administrative duties, and more.
Additional Details of the Position
- Clerical skills such as typing, handling mail, inventory, and more
- Personnel skills involving directing & coaching other team members
- Customer Service skills for interacting with clients and their pets
- Knowledge of Veterinary Policies & Procedures
- Full or Part-Time
- 8-hour Shifts Monday – Friday
- Weekend, evening and holiday shifts required
- Overtime may be required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous veterinary experience preferred
Ready to apply?
If you’ve read this and know you’re the one we’ve been searching for, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief reason why you’re the right one to fill this role to Dr. Meade using the form below!
Please note: Broadway Veterinary Hospital is both a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer; a background check/drug screen will be required of the successful candidate.